Big Bull Creek Park
- Disc Golf Course
- Not-for-profit Youth Campgrounds
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic Shelters
Big Bull Creek Park
Big Bull Creek Park celebrated its grand opening in September 2018. It is the largest park in the JCPRD system totaling 2,060 acres and is located between Edgerton and Gardner in southwest Johnson County.
Big Bull Creek Park focuses on nature-based learning, play, and restoration. The park also features two large shelters, not-for-profit organized group campground, hiking and mountain bike trails, equestrian trails, and an 18-hole disc golf course at the Four Corners Road access.
Sunflower Road North of 207th Street
- Nature Play area including a small splash pad. Water will be turned on after Memorial Day and shut off by October 15. Splash pad can be activated by gently tapping the blue dot on the pavement. (see image to the right)
- Three-quarter-mile paved trail
- Picnic shelters, restroom facility, kiosk, and parking lot
- Prairie restoration area
- Connection to Edgerton's nearby Martin Creek Park
199th & Four Corners Road
- Combined park police and maintenance compound
- Hiking and mountain bike trail access
- 18-hole disc golf course
213th Street East of Spoon Creek Road
- Organized not-for-profit group camp area available by reservation only
- Restroom facility, picnic shelter, and parking lot
Big Bull Creek Park has two large shelters located at the Sunflower Road access. The shelters are perfect for parties, family reunions, corporate events, and weddings! To ensure the use of a shelter, reservations are recommended.
For individual shelter details and to reserve online, view the Subfacilities section below.
To check availability or to reserve a shelter online, visit the reservation and rentals page, call (913) 831-3359, Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., or visit our Registration Office in Antioch Park.
JCPRD campground reservations are available for not-for-profit youth organization such as Scouts, American Heritage Girls, Girl Scouts, and religious youth groups. Campers must be under the age of 18 with adult chaperones onsite. JCPRD offers three (3) campsites for you to choose from – Big Bull Creek, Shawnee Mission Park and TimberRidge Adventure Center. More information can be found on our Campgrounds page. If you would like to reserve a campground for your organized youth group, call (913) 438-7275 or email Cindy Lawrence.
Disc Golf Course
The 18-hole, 54-par course is available for public use year-round. Varying levels of terrain and obstacles will challenge beginners and experienced players alike while enjoying a scenic view of our new Big Bull Creek Park. View the disc golf course map.
Park Police & Safety
In an emergency, dial 911. To reach the Park Police dispatch, call (913) 782-0720.
For additional information and safety tips, visit JCPRD's Park Police page.
For future enhancements, see the Big Bull Master Plan.