Who knew learning about the outdoors could be so fun? Join us for live animal programs, environmental games, nature crafts, hikes, stories, educational programs, guest speakers and a fun field trip each week! Test your skill and safety using archery equipment and bb guns (8 years and older). Your child will never stop exploring and discovering in this camp! Weekly swimming, boating and fishing too!
Locations include Ernie Miller Park, Shawnee Mission Park and TimberRidge Adventure Center.
Camps at a glance
- Nature and Science Preschool and Half Day Camps
- Summer Tots (ages 4-5)
- Summer Vacation (ages 6-8)
- Nature and Science Specialty Camps
- Biking Camp (ages 12-15)
- Climbing and Rappelling (ages 12-15)
- Fine Art of Nature (ages 8-12)
- Fishing and Canoeing Camp (ages 11-14)
- Go "X" Camp (ages 13-15)
- June Bug Camp Favorites (ages 8-11)
- Junior Naturalist Camp (ages 9-12)
- Off the Beaten Path (ages 8-11)
- Outdoor Adventures Camp (ages 11-13)
- Photography Camp (ages 12-15)
- Summer Daze Camp (ages 6-12)
- Wonderful Week of Water (ages 8-12)
- Nature and Science Outdoor Discovery Camp (ages 6-12)
- Ernie Miller Park (ages 6-8)
- Ernie Miller Park (ages 9-12)
- Shawnee Mission Park (ages 8-12)
Before you register for camp please make sure you read the Nature & Science Camp Refund Policy.
Camp must be paid in full at time of registration. If a camp is full we recommend getting on the waitlist as soon as possible.
After registering for a camp you will need to fill out the required camp forms which can be downloaded below.
Summer Camp forms
Parents, please look carefully over the camp forms below. There are forms that are required before your child can attend a camp. If we do not have their forms on file they will not be able to attend. Forms can be filled out and emailed in to Cindy, Administrative Assistant.
If you have any questions email or call the nature center at (913) 826-2800.
Outdoor Discovery Camp and Nature & Science Camp Form: (all day camps)
** REQUIRED **
Summer Tots and Summer Vacation Camp (1/2 day camps) ** REQUIRED **
TimberRidge Adventure Center Health & Liability Form **REQUIRED** if attending Climbing & Rappelling or Outdoor Adventures
Medication Form: this form is required if your child will be using medication while in our care. This includes the use of epi pens, inhalers, and any other daily medications.
Camp Schedules, Policies and Values
Camp Supply Lists (other supply lists will be uploaded in the next few weeks)