JCPRD campground reservations are only available for not-for-profit youth organizations such as Scouts, American Heritage Girls, Trail Life USA, and religious youth groups.
JCPRD offers three (3) campsites for you to choose from.
- Big Bull Creek Park - Edgerton, KS
- Shawnee Mission Park - Shawnee Mission, KS
- TimberRidge Adventure Center - Olathe, KS
Reservation details for Big Bull Creek and Shawnee Mission parks:
- Maximum 25 people per pod/site
- Camping groups should practice the leave no trace philosophy - "pack it in, pack it out" (including trash)
- Reservations are 24 hours - 12:00 PM (noon) to 12:00 PM (noon)
- Campground must be paid for at the time of reservation. No holds without payment
- Once a reservation is confirmed and paid a permit will be emailed to you
- Campground fees are non-refundable
- Reservations can be made:
Campground rates for Big Bull Creek Park and Shawnee Mission Park.
- Johnson County residents: $25 per day, per pod/site
- Nonresidents: $35 per day per pod/site
Camping information and rates for TimberRidge Adventure Center listed below under the TimberRidge heading.
Big Bull Creek Park - 33900 West 213th Street, Edgerton, KS
- Three camping pods to choose from
- Pod two is ADA accessible
- Two grills at each pod
- All seasons restroom onsite
- Shelter - shared by those who reserve campgrounds
- Electrical outlets at shelter
- 15 tables, three ADA
- Flag pole
- Large fire pit near shelter
- Water spigot at shelter
- Firewood not provided, please bring your own. It is prohibited to destroy or damage property, including vegetation, within the boundaries of any District facility.
Shawnee Mission Park - 7900 Renner Road, Shawnee, KS
- Two camping sites to choose from
- No restroom onsite, chemical toilet 1/2 mile from site 1 and 1/4 mile from site 2
- Site 1: two picnic tables, two buffet-style tables
- Site 2: four picnic tables, one buffet-style table
- No electricity
- No water available
- Firewood not provided, please bring your own. It is prohibited to destroy or damage property, including vegetation, within the boundaries of any District facility
- Key checkout required, up to 48 hours in advance of reservation
- Access to Shawnee Mission Park lake for fishing. KS State permit required and JCPRD permit required for Johnson County residents ages 16 - 64, and nonresidents 16 years of age and older. Permits can be obtained at Visitor Services located at the JCPRD Administration Building inside Shawnee Mission Park.
TimberRidge Adventure Center - 12300 S. Homestead Lane Olathe, KS.
Camping for organized groups is available at TimberRidge on weekends September through April.
- Water onsite
- Group cooking fire pit
- Three small fire rings
- Two lantern hooks
- Convenient parking
- Small shelter with one aluminum picnic table
- Four wooden picnic tables onsite
- A portable restroom will be provided or access to Whispering Pines Shelter restrooms.
- Firewood provided
- $100 minimum charge, per night. If a group has more than 20 campers, the fee will be $5/person.
- $250 damage deposit required with payment 30 days in advance. Fee is refundable pending no damage to the site as determined by staff.
At TimberRidge Adventure Center groups have the option to add on a challenge course program.
- Participants must be in or have completed 6th grade or 12 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 10 participants.
- Available September through Mid-November and Mid-March through April.
- Low course 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- High course 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Camping groups who book a challenge course will receive 50% discount for one night. Camping fee will be $2.50 per person.
Call (913) 856-8849 for pricing and booking availability or email Lysa.