JCPRD memorials allow patrons an opportunity to celebrate a loved one’s life, accomplishments, or memory in a beautiful, natural setting.
In Memory Of Plaque Program - $500
Your contribution to the In Memory Of Plaque Program will include a bronze nameplate, with the name of your loved one, placed on our "In Memory Of" plaques located at various JCPRD parks.
"In Memory Of" plaques are located at the following parks and golf courses:
- Antioch Park*
- Heritage Park
- Kill Creek Park
- Shawnee Mission Park
- Tomahawk Hills Golf Course
The remaining funds from your contribution will be placed in the memorial park fund for the planting and maintenance of trees. If your nameplate will be at Antioch Park you can choose to have the remaining funds go toward the tree fund or the rosebush fund for the Helen S. Cuddy Memorial Rose Garden. Your contribution will help keep our parks beautiful.
*September 2022: The Helen S. Cuddy Memorial Rose Garden, and the surrounding area, are undergoing renovation through the Spring of 2022. During this time the In Memory of Plaque will be put in storage to protect it. JCPRD will continue to accept memorials for the plaque and rose garden. The nameplates however will not be installed on the plaque until it is returned to the rose garden location.
Click here for more information about the rose garden improvements.
Memorial Benches & Bench Plaques - $3,000
The following parks are not accepting or have limited availability for memorial benches in their parks.
- Antioch Park: existing benches that do not currently have a bronze memorial plaque are the only benches available.
- Mill Creek Streamway Trail: existing benches that do not currently have a bronze memorial plaque are available - located from Ridgeview Trailhead to Northgate Access (East of Woodland).
- Shawnee Mission Park and Dog Off-Leash area: as of December 2021 these areas are not accepting memorial benches.
- Heritage Park and Stoll Park (the park and dog off-leash areas): existing benches that do not currently have a bronze memorial plaque are the only benches available.
Donors may request a Memorial Bench be placed in most JCPRD parks, golf courses, or recreation facilities, with the exception of Meadowbrook Park, by filling out and submitting the Memorial Designation Form. Donor is able to request the location for the placement of the bench. Upon approval by the park manager, and receipt of payment, the bench and plaque will be ordered through the Parks and Golf Courses Division. If your location request cannot be met the park manager will make suggestions for another location within the park.
To help us help you with your memorial bench request we encourage you to scout out an area you are looking at in the park. Walk the area, take a picture and provide us those details on the memorial designation form.
The bench is 6’ long, has a black powder-coated steel frame and resin wood slats. The contour bench has 2” x 4” slats. It is surface-mounted with anchor bolts on a 4’ x 6’ concrete slab. This design was selected for its durability, ease of maintenance, and uniformity throughout JCPRD’s parks and golf courses. JCPRD staff will install and maintain the benches and plaques. Damaged or broken benches and/or plaques will be repaired or replaced at no additional cost to the donor for 10 years.
Acknowledgment of Donation - At the donor’s request, an acknowledgment letter will be sent to donor, honoree (if a living memorial), or the family of the person being memorialized.
Meadowbrook Park Plaques - $3,000
The memorial wall at Meadowbrook Park is located just outside the Clubhouse to the west of the stairs. The wall holds aluminum panels, in various sizes, that will be engraved with your loved one’s information. We will fill one panel at a time. Donors may request to have a memorial inscription engraved on the panel. It can include three (3) lines of type. The panels will be removed in December of each year for engraving of all requests that come in throughout that year.
If you are interested in having a memorial plaque engraved at Meadowbrook Park please fill out the Memorial Designation Form and someone will get back to you.
Orders & Payment*
To request a memorial, please review and submit the Memorial Designation Form to the Parks and Golf Courses (PGC) Division. A representative will contact you to discuss logistics and collect payment.
Accepted Forms of Payment
- Cash payments should be delivered in person (please do not mail cash) to obtain a receipt.
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) payments can be processed by phone by calling (913) 826-3438 or in person.
- Check payments should be made out to Johnson County Park & Recreation District or JCPRD and delivered to the JCPRD Administration building inside Shawnee Mission Park or mailed to Johnson County Park & Recreation or JCPRD, Attn: Cindy Lawrence, 7900 Renner Road, Shawnee Mission, KS 66219
*Prices are current as of January 1, 2023.