2020 Gardner Summer Camp
We are working with school districts to determine how we can serve our families in light of the most recent updates from the Governor. Please check back for updates!
GARDNER CHILDCARE CAMP INFORMATION
Summer camp is off to a great start! So much has changed since you registered - we want to give you a brief overview of a few of those changes:
Some camp capacities may need to be reduced in size, and will increase as our community successfully manages each phases of reopening. You will receive individual communication soon if your child’s enrollment is affected.
- Swimming and other Field Trips have been cancelled, at least initially. Some pools will not be opening at all, and others may be opening late. Other field trips remain a concern due to social distancing, both at the field trip destination and during transport. Busing will still be used for emergency transportation if needed, and on-site activities and entertainment will keep your children busy all summer.
- Children will remain in the same groups with same staff each day whenever possible.
- Staff will wear masks when participating in group activities with children where they are in close proximity. Masks may not be worn when participating in more physical activities in the heat where it could limit the staff member’s ability to breath freely or otherwise affect their health.
- Parents will be asked to check in and out at a location that is distanced from the camp (i.e. curbside). A staff member will meet you each morning todo a brief wellness check with your child (including a temperature check) before you leave. We will be restricting facility access to non-essential visitors and will maintain a log of authorized individuals who enters the camp.
- Staff will encourage frequent and proper handwashing and will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces throughout the day.
- Please check below for the Parent Orientation Slideshow!
We hope to see you and your child this summer, and we are looking forward to a good old fashioned summer camp experience! If you have additional questions, please reach out to April Bysfield at 913.826.3063.
Summer Camp Registration is open!!
Please complete the following steps to register your child by clicking on the links for each step in the enrollment process below. If you would like personal assistance with Registration, please visit us at 6501 Antioch Rd, Merriam, KS 66202.
1. Online Registration HERE
A deposit equivalent to one week of camp fees is due at the time of registration. Deposit will be applied to the last week of camp. Registration will contact you via email to setup payment. Tuition is charged weekly.
- Additional Required Forms for EACH CHILD should be emailed following the submission of the Registration Form above. These are forms required by the Kansas Department of Health & Environment. PRK-YouthForms@jocogov.org
3. Medication Authorization Form (only needed if your child will take medication during program hours)
4. Watch for an Email: Once our staff have processed your paperwork (typically 1-2 weeks), our Registration department will notify you with confirmation of enrollment or placement on a waitlist. You will receive an email prompting you to call and set up recurring payments with confirmation of enrollment.
5. Call the Registration Office (913.831.3359) to provide recurring payment information and pay deposit after you receive the confirmation of placement via email.
Please note that Indoor Summer Camp is a 9 week commitment. Payment is required for the full summer tuition, regardless of vacation/illnesses. Fees are non-refundable/non-transferrable.
Indoor Summer Camps: Ages 5-12 yrs old
Johnson County Park and Recreation District is home to many different summer camps where it is a great place to be a kid! Indoor summer camps are held at various locations in the Gardner School District. Camps are directed by highly qualified individuals and all camps are fully licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment. Each day of camp offers a new variety of activities which will get your children outside and moving. Activities will include outdoor play time, sports, creative arts, weekly swimming and field trips, group games and socialization. Children must be five (5) years of age and have completed Kindergarten.
Space is Limited, register early!
JCPRD Summer Camp Scholarships are available through Community Development Block Grant funds. Please contact us for additional information at (913) 826-3014.
2020 Summer Camp Weekly Fees
|PROGRAM OPTIONS||FULL TIME|
|Second Child (same household)||10% Discount||10% Discount|
|Declined Payment Fee||$30.00|
|Program Options Change Fee||$15.00|
|Late Pick-Up Fee||$1.00/minute|
COVID-19 Summer Camp Addendum:
Mandatory Quarantine: Fees will be prorated if child is diagnosed with Covid-19 or is required to quarantine. A physician’s note mandating quarantine will be required.
Facility Closure: Fees will be prorated/refunded if program/camp is closed due to illness, state or local mandates.
Please note that Indoor Summer Camp is a 9 week commitment. Payment is required for the full summer tuition, regardless of vacations/illnesses. Fees are non-refundable/non-transferrable.
Grand Star at Grand Star Elementary
Moonlight at Grand Star Elementary
Swim Locations (temporarily suspended)
- No pass needed for this summer
Camp Days, Dates & Hours
- Days/Dates: June 1 - July 31, 2020
- No camp July 3
- Hours: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.