Outdoor Summer Camps

Registration for our 2024 Summer Outdoor Camps will open on Jan. 29th at NOON!


Johnson County Park and Recreation District hosts a variety of summer camps that are available throughout the county at parks, schools and in community recreation facilities. All camps are fully licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment and are staffed by qualified, energetic and caring directors and counselors. Campers will develop health and happiness through safe, diverse, and character building experiences.

Kids swimming under water

Summer Escapades

Beat the summer slump, and have a breakout year at Summer Escapades. Campers will build their character through safe and diverse activities, discovering new skills and interests, making new friends, and connecting with their community.


Crossroads offers a different way for pre-teens to experience summer. At this outdoor program, campers stay active with diverse field trips, sports and recreation, community service projects, swimming, and more.

L.E.A.D. Camp

L.E.A.D. Camp builds the character of young leaders through career and education exploration, community service and stewardship, and engaging recreation activities.

Camp ScholarshipsKids prepping to shoot off a rocket

Click on Camp Scholarships/Transfers

A limited number of JCPRD Summer Camp scholarships are available through Community Development Block Grant funds for qualifying families.  Weekly scholarship amounts awarded, if any, are based on income, location, job status and size of household per HUD Guidelines.  Applications must be complete, including supporting documentation, for consideration.  Families receiving partial funding must remain current with their portion of enrollment fees in order to receive services.  

To receive additional information (available when 2024 CDBG funding is secured), please complete the following inquiry:

  Scholarship Inquiry Form


Transfer Requests

All transfer requests must be submitted in writing a minimum of two weeks prior to the week of camp.  Transfer requests should be submitted to Registration.