2020 L.E.A.D. Camp
Registration is open NOW.
EXTENDED WEEK OF CAMP ADDED!!
We have added an additional week of summer camp at our Antioch Park locations the week of Aug. 3-7. Registration will open on Monday, July 20th at 6am. Space will be limited to 45 campers at each location.
**Antioch Park Shelter 3 (6-7 years old)
** Antioch Park Shelter 2 (8-10 years old)
**Crossroads (Antioch Park Shelter 1) (11-14 years old)
LEAD SUMMER CAMP UPDATE
We are thrilled to reach out to you today to let you know that we fully anticipate our LEAD Camp at OKUN to open on time! Our LEAD Camp at Wheatridge Middle School will not be opening this summer. So much has changed since you registered - we want to give you a brief overview of a few of those changes:
· Most camp capacities have been reduced in size, and will increase as our community successfully manages each phases of reopening.
· Children will remain in the same groups with same staff each day whenever possible.
· Swimming and other Field Trips have been cancelled, at least initially. Some pools will not be opening at all, and others may be opening late. Other field trips remain a concern due to social distancing, both at the field trip destination and during transport. Bussing will still be used for transportation to inclement weather locations, and on-site activities and entertainment will keep your children busy all summer.
· Staff will be encouraged to wear masks when participating in group activities with children where they are in close proximity. Masks may not be worn when participating in more physical activities in the heat where it could limit the staff member’s ability to breath freely or otherwise affect their health.
· Parents will be asked to check in and out at a location that is distanced from the camp (i.e. parking lot). A staff member will meet you each morning todo a brief wellness check with your child (including a temperature check)before you leave. We will be restricting non-essential visitors to the camps & shelters and maintaining a log of anyone who enters the camp.
· Staff will encourage frequent and proper hand washing and will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces throughout the day.
We hope that this information is helpful as you move closer to summer with your families. We recognize that these new protocols may affect your decision to send your child to camp, and we will issue refunds without penalty from now through May 15th to those that choose to cancel their enrollment. We hope to see you and your child this summer and look forward to a good old fashioned summer camp experience! If you have additional questions, please respond to the email you received earlier today and a Program Specialist will get back with you.
Entering Grades 6th Through 9th
Camps are from June 1 to July 31, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Do more this summer! Leadership Education and Development (L.E.A.D.) Camp builds the character of young leaders through career and education exploration, community service and stewardship, and engaging recreation activities. For youth entering grades 6th through 9th, L.E.A.D. Camp offers a summer of friendships, new experiences, and exciting challenges.
Campers will be given the opportunity to do a variety of diverse activities, through leadership education and service learning, life skills, arts, sports, recreation opportunities, and more, L.E.A.D. campers have the potential to make a difference in the community and themselves.
New: Pool and recreation fees are now included!
- Camp Duration: Nine 1-week camps
- Starts: June 1, 2020
- Camp Cost:
- First child: $135 per week ($149 per week nonresidents)
- Two or more children (same family/week) - Second child: $121 per week ($134 per week nonresidents)
- Camp Days/Hours: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
COVID-19 Summer Camp Addendum:
Mandatory Quarantine: Fees will be prorated if child is diagnosed with Covid-19 or is required to quarantine. A physician’s note mandating quarantine will be required.
Facility Closure: Fees will be prorated/refunded if program/camp is closed due to illness, state or local mandates.
L.E.A.D. Camp Locations
- Mid-America West Sports Complex - Okun Fieldhouse
20200 Johnson Drive
Shawnee, KS 66218
- Wheatridge Middle School (THIS CAMP LOCATION HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO NO PROGRAM SPACE AVAILABLE)
318 E Washington Street
Gardner, KS 66030
L.E.A.D Summer Camp Parent Orientation
Please complete the following steps to register your child for an Outdoor Summer Camp. Steps must be completed for EACH CHILD enrolling. If you would like personal assistance with Registration, please visit us at Antioch Park at 6501 Antioch Rd. Merriam, KS.
1. Register HERE
- Once you click on the register here you will find our Just For Fun LEAD camps under the Youth Camp section.
- Additional Required Forms for each child need to be completed two weeks before they will be attending camp. Please follow the directions at the top of the form and click the submit button. Forms will be emailed to PRK-YouthForms@jocogov.org.