Social Media Policy
Social Media User Responsibility Guidelines
Residents are welcome to share their opinions and feedback on our social media platforms. Content that violates our responsible content policy will be removed. To best facilitate online conversation, please keep your comments to the topic at hand. User-generated posts or comments could be rejected, removed or hidden by Johnson County Park and Recreation District staff if content:
- Contains profane language or content;
- Promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination;
- Constitutes sexual harassment;
- Solicits commerce or advertisements including promotion or endorsement;
- Promotes or endorses political issues, groups, individuals or candidates;
- Conducts or encourages illegal activity;
- Contains information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Intends to defame any person, group or organization;
- Violates a legal ownership interest of any other party, such as trademark or copyright infringement;
- Makes or publishes false, vicious or malicious statements concerning any employee;
- Contains violent or threatening content;
- Discloses confidential or proprietary information;
- Contains information that is not pertinent to the discussion topic;
- Duplicate comments or posts.
The Johnson County Park and Recreation District reserves the right to ban users who repeatedly violate the above civility expectations from its social media properties.
Opinions expressed in non-Johnson County Park and Recreation District posts are not necessarily those of the district and its employees, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of these posts. Posts are to be used only for noncommercial purposes. You may not solicit funds or promote commercial entities. All content posted by Johnson County Park and Recreation District is the property of Johnson County Park and Recreation District and is subject to copyright laws.