Report Cyber Crimes
If your identity information has been compromised or stolen, contact the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office and obtain a report number related to your identity theft case. You can download an information packet with steps to.
• Take action to correct your credit
• Help ensure that you are not responsible for the debts incurred by the identity thief.
In addition, this packet includes information that will allow you to
• Obtain financial records related to the fraudulent accounts and
• Provide those records to law enforcement
Report to FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3 )
The Internet Crime Complaint Center, or IC3, is the Nation’s central hub for reporting cyber crime. It is run by the FBI, the lead federal agency for investigating cyber crime.
Visit the IC3 Website
You can take two vital steps to protecting cyberspace and your own online security.
1. If you believe you have fallen victim to cyber crime, file a complaint or report. Your information is invaluable to helping the FBI and its partners bring cybercriminals to justice.
2. Get educated about the latest and most harmful cyber threats and scams. By doing so, you will be better able to protect yourself, your family, and your place of work.
Visit the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) to get started.