- Aquatic Facilities
- Shawnee Mission Park Beach
- Open Water Swim Training - Shawnee Mission Park Beach
Open Water Swim Training - Shawnee Mission Park Beach
Open Water Swim Training
Looking to train for an upcoming triathlon or want to change up your swim workout? Johnson County Park & Recreation District offers open water swim trainings on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Shawnee Mission Park Beach.
- Participants must be pre-registered online to participate.
- Tow Buoy Float Required: Participants must have their own and wear tow buoy float at all times while in the water.
(See below for more information about tow buoy floats and requirements)
|June 6th - August 3rd|
|Tuesdays & Thursdays|
|5:30 pm -6:15 pm|
|Each training will be limited to 35 participants to help maintain a safe training environment.|
These trainings are for adults 18 years of age and older.
- All swimmers should be able to swim 500 meters freestyle and have endurance to swim in open water conditions.
- All participants must have their own and wear their tow buoy float at all times while in the water. (See below for more information about tow buoy floats)
All participants must be pre-registered by 10:00 am of the day of the open water swim training. A minimum number of participants must be registered, or the practice will be canceled due to low enrollment. If a participant is registered for a practice that is canceled, the participant will receive a full refund.
Tow Float Bouy Required
|To increase the safety of all, open water swim training participants are required to have their own tow float buoy and wear it entire time while in the water. If participant does not have a tow float buoy, they will not be allowed to participate in open water swim training and fee will not be refunded.|
There are a variety of different tow float buoys available online. When purchasing please consider the following items:
The Shawnee Mission Beach does have limited supply of tow float buoys for sale. This item is not guaranteed to be in stock.