Juneteenth at the Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center
Saturday, June 10 from 10 AM - 1 PM
Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center
8788 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, KS 66212
The Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center is hosting its 2nd Annual Juneteenth commemoration and celebration this Saturday, June 10th. This FREE family-friendly event, built with community partners, provides an opportunity to honor the history and celebrate Juneteenth with art, music, food, and more!
- Emcee Lonita Cook, President of the Friends of the Johnson County Museum
- A piano performance by Matthew Harris
- An interactive family-friendly percussion workshop led by Jaisson Taylor
- A free art activity for kids to build their own rhythm instruments to take home, led by JCPRD Fine and Performing Arts staff
- Enjoy food samples from Brown Suga, Ruby Jean’s Juicery, and Chef Marcus Locke
- A special Walk and Read by the Johnson County Library, featuring the stories "Daniel’s Good Day" by Micha Archer and "A Flag for Juneteenth" by Kim Taylor.
- Free admission to the Johnson County Museum, including KidScape and the special exhibit “TRAINS: Transportation and the Transformation of Johnson County.”
This event is one of many in the Kansas City metro and Johnson County to honor and recognize Juneteenth.
Click here to learn more about Juneteenth and other related events in the area!