OUTDOOR SUMMER CAMP CHILD CARE INFORMATION
We are thrilled to reach out to you today to let you know that we fully anticipate our Outdoor Camps opening on time! So much has changed since you registered - we want to give you a brief overview of a few of those changes:
· Most camp capacities have been reduced in size, and will increase as our community successfully manages each phase of reopening.
· Stoll Park may be utilizing an additional park shelter, which may alter your drop off/pick up location.
· Children will remain in the same groups with the same staff each day whenever possible.
· Swimming and other field trips have been cancelled, at least initially. Some pools will not be opening at all, and others may be opening late. Other field trips remain a concern due to social distancing, both at the field trip destination and during transport. Bussing will still be used for transportation to inclement weather locations, and on-site activities and entertainment will keep your children busy all summer.
· Staff will be encouraged to wear masks when participating in group activities with children where they are in close proximity. Masks may not be worn when participating in more physical activities in the heat where it could limit the staff member’s ability to breath freely or otherwise affect their health.
· Parents will be asked to check in and out at a location that is distanced from the camp (i.e. parking lot). A staff member will meet you each morning to do a brief wellness check with your child (including a temperature check) before you leave. We will be restricting non-essential visitors to the camps and shelters and maintaining a log of anyone who enters the camp.
· Staff will encourage frequent and proper hand washing and will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces throughout the day.
See our Phased Reopening Guidelines.
Read testimonials from parents about the various camps.
Indoor summer camps are held at various locations in the De Soto, Gardner, and Shawnee Mission School Districts. Camps are directed by highly qualified individuals and all camps are fully licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
Johnson County Park & Recreation District hosts a variety of summer camps that are available throughout the county at parks, schools and in community recreation facilities.
Children's Services Scholarship information