The Shawnee Mission Park Dog Off Leash Area is JCPRD's most popular off-leash park. The area currently served by a portable toilet, will soon have a permanent restroom. The pre-fabricated CXT building will be installed fall of 2020. The off-leash area will remain open during the project, except for the construction areas noted in the diagram below.
- Spring 2019 - utilities extended to off-leash area
- Summer 2019 - design and public input sessions held
- Fall 2019 - Board approval to purchase modular restroom building
- Summer 2020 - complete design documents and building permits
- Fall 2020 - install temporary fencing, grade site and install foundation for delivery and placement of the restroom
- Inspection and certificate of occupancy is anticipated for Spring 2021.
**All milestone dates are subject to change based on permit approval by the engineer and City as well as production time of the restroom building.