Detailed League Outline
Please also see Covid-19 Guidelines for Variations.
Youth Volleyball - Fall 2020
*Denotes additional requirements/forms
- Registration opens online on July 6
- Registration Deadline – Sunday, August 2. Extended to August 20 at noon.
- If faxing or mailing team documents, the manager will receive a confirmation email. If no email is received, we did not receive your documents. Please do not fax after 5:00pm or on Saturday/Sunday.
- Full payment is due at the time of registration.· $30 Service Charge on all returned checks.
- Payment methods accepted: Check, Cash or Credit Card - Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
- Refunds will be made only when leagues are filled or when canceled by the league coordinator. Refunds may take 2-3 weeks.
- Teams will only be registered if required team information and payment are provided by the final registration deadline. Payments received after the final registration deadline are not guaranteed placement. Late payments, if accepted, will be assessed a $100 late fee.
Items to be Turned in by the Registration Deadline
- Registration completed online at www.jcprd.com.
- Register Now! Johnson County Park & Recreation activities Johnson County Park & Recreation activities Johnson County Park & Recreation activities
- 100% of league fee paid online
- Conflict Form
*Required Forms - due by the date listed for your league
All teams re required to submit the following forms by the deadline listed for your team. Only players and coaches with complete information and required signatures are permitted to play. If your team must add a players or coach mid-season, please contact the Youth Sports Coordinator for direction.
- Roster - One per team. To be submit electronically to email@example.com.
- Download and save the file to access all fields and electronic signature options.
- Team Contact Information - One per team. Submit electronically at the end of the form.
- Coaches Code of Conduct – One per coach. Submit electronically at the end of the form.
Registration Ability Levels
Divisions split by age/grade or ability are not guaranteed. Teams are able to report their perceived ability level as “Beginner”, “Intermediate”, or “Advanced” on the registration form. We provide this section on the registration form so that teams can mark their perceived ability level in the case the league coordinator is able to take this into consideration when creating divisions or matchups. The league coordinator reserves the right to combine or split grades/ages as needed to maximize league participation. The following may assist with determining your team’s ability level:
- Beginner – A team made up of players ranging from new to those with minimal experience. Beginner teams may also be made up of players who have played together before however the team is noticeably lower in ability than teams of peers who have played before.
- Intermediate – A team made up of players who have played before. The team may have also played a few seasons together. Players may be average to advanced while the team as a whole typically produces a record of relatively even wins to losses.
- Advanced – A team made up of players who have played before. The team may also have played numerous seasons together. Players may be average to advanced while the team as a whole typically produces a strong winning record each season of play.
A team roster is required before play. No player may play without complete information and parent signature on the roster. You must have a minimum of 4 players to begin a game. We suggest a roster of 7-12 players for the season. There is no set maximum. Players may be added up until your last game day. If you wish to add a player after your roster has been turned in, please contact the youth sports office.
Adding Players / Substitute Players
Players may be added to rosters at any time during the season with the exception of the last game day. A player may be added for the duration of the season or as a substitute for just one game. The purpose of allowing additional players is to encourage participation of children late to the sport and to assist in avoiding forfeits. Any new/additional/substitute player must be added to the team roster with complete information and parent signature before play. Teams and rosters may only include players that fit the age/grade requirements for the registered division. Players will be considered in the grade/ability listed on the roster of their primary team.
- Legal Example – If a 6th grader is listed on both a 6th grade roster and a 7th grader roster, that player will be considered in 6th grade and legally playing up to 7th grade.
- Violation Example – If a 6th grader is listed on a 7th grade roster and/or appears on 7th grade scoresheets prior to the addition of that 6th grader to a 6th grade roster, that player will be considered a 7th grader playing down and in violation of JCPRD roster regulations.
- Legal Example – If a player is added for play in games 5 and 7 of an 8 game season, that team has legally added a player.
- Violation Example – If a player is added to the roster for play on only the last game day of a team’s season (game day 8 of an 8 game day season), that team is in violation of JCPRD roster regulations.
Contesting a Roster
If you would like to contest the roster of an opposing team, please contact the Youth Sports Coordinator BEFORE the next game day. If a team is found in violation, that team will be subject to disciplinary action deemed necessary by the JCPRD Code of Conduct.
The Front Desk Supervisor may approach coaches for a roster check at any time. If any player present is not listed on the roster with complete information and parent signature, that player will be benched for the remainder of that game day and all previous games on that game day will be forfeit.
Teams that register for the wrong division may or may not be moved into the correct division and standings may or may not be counted. Registering for the wrong division may result in playing as scheduled for the duration of the season. If playing down, standings will not be kept for the incorrectly registered team.
League Team Fee
- Team team fee is $575 for 10 matches. 5 game days, 2 matches per day.
- This fee ensures the league will be scheduled, courts maintained and prepped, officiating of games, schedules and standings maintained online, and awards (please see League Awards bullet for information). Late or incorrect registrations are not guaranteed accommodation and a $100 late fee will be charged.
FREE ENTRY for all league games!
Length of Season
The season will consist of 10 matches (5 game days) with teams playing double headers on SUNDAYS. The season will begin August 30 and conclude no later than October 18. The only date guaranteed to be excluded from your schedule is the date you provide on the Conflict Form at the time of registration. The conflict form is due by the registration deadline. All other bye dates are determined by other factors involved in scheduling.
Time of Games
Game times will range from 12:00pm to 9:10pm on Sundays. Game times may rotate from week to week depending on the number of teams in each division and the availability of courts. All dates/times for your division are available for play and games cannot be rescheduled.
All league games will be played at Okun Fieldhouse – 20200 Johnson Drive Shawnee, KS 66218
Inclement Weather Line
913-686-6030. Our inclement weather line offers you a FREE iPhone and android app to quickly check the status information. To download the app, go to the market on your phone and search “Rainout line”. Download the Rainoutline.com app and search for “JCPRD”. When it appears, click the star on the right side of the page and you are all set. To receive updates, go to the app and refresh. At www.rainoutline.com, you may create an account to receive email and text alerts. Click Here Version OptionsDetailed League OutlineHeadlineYouth Volleyball - Fall 2020 for Instructions on setting up a rainoutline.com account. We encourage you to relay this information to your team parents. Games may be delayed or cancelled for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to, snow, ice, power outage...etc. If an administrative cancellation takes place, games will be rescheduled for the next available game day. Teams may not request reschedule dates.
The full schedule will be posted on the Schedules & Standings page no less than 3 days prior to the first game. The moment schedules are posted, the Coach/Manager of each team will receive an email update. Coaches are expected to pass this information to players and parents as well as direct players and parents to the website. Scheduling requests must be submitted in writing no later than the registration final deadline. The schedule will not be altered to accommodate opponent requests, time requests, or date requests after it is released. Please see “In-Season Conflict Reporting Policy and Procedures” and the Conflict Resolution Policy for rescheduling procedures.
To review conflict reporting and rescheduling procedures, Click Here Version OptionsDetailed League OutlineHeadlineYouth Volleyball - Fall 2020. Due by the registration deadline. If you do not submit a bye request at the time of online registration, you may submit a Conflict Form (If submitting a request you must also submit the conflict resolution form). The Conflict Form gives your team an opportunity BEFORE SCHEDULING to make the League Coordinator aware of dates over the course of the season when you know you will not be able to field the legal number of players (4), and these dates will be excluded from your schedule. Please communicate with your players and parents before submitting this form. Any conflicts reported after the registration deadline will not be accommodated. Conflicts that arise during the course of the season may result in a forfeit. Forfeits count toward the game total. This form is intended to prevent forfeits due to a conflict. If your team does have a conflict, it may be necessary to have your team play on overflow nights or play double headers in order to get your league games played in the weeks allotted. If your team has no conflicts, please mark this on the form.
Standings of the leagues will be posted at jcprd.com/youthsports on the Schedules and Standings page beginning the second week of play. These standings will then be updated weekly. If the standings are incorrect, please email the League Coordinator with sport, gender, grade, division, date, time, court, matchup, and score for the games in question.
Tie Breaker for Standings
End of season standings ties will be broken as follows: 1) Head to Head win/loss record. 2) Head to Head point differential. 3) Head to Head win/loss record vs. next place opponent. 4) Head to Head point differential vs. next place opponent. 5) Tie.
When applicable, each team is responsible for providing (1) one ADULT (18+) to the scorer’s table to operate the scoreboard or keep score on a score sheet during each game. Minors, even if 17, may not take on this role.
Score Sheets are used to input standings. Score Sheets are the only record of game scores. The Standings are a direct reflection of what is submitted on Score Sheets. When applicable, please instruct all Score Keepers to accurately record the score and mark the correct final score on each Score Sheet. Score Sheets provide one carbon copy for each coach, please ensure the original Score Sheet for each game is submitted to the front desk supervisor.
Each team is responsible for providing (1) one ADULT (18+) to line judge during each game. Line Judges are not permitted to coach or interact with the team in any manner during the game he/she is line judging. Minors, even if 17, may not take on this role.
Individual awards will be given to teams finishing 1st or 2nd place in their division. Awards will be given to the exact number of players listed, with complete information and guardian signature, on your roster. Forfeiture of the last game of the season will result in immediate loss of place standing/team awards for forfeiting team.
We do not require uniforms however all players must at least wear like-color shirts. Numbers are only required if your team will be implementing positional substitution. Most teams do have a shirt or jersey labeled with the team name. JCPRD does not provide uniforms.
- Game balls will be provided. Practice / warm-up balls are to be furnished by each team.
- 3rd - 6th Grade - Volley-lite ball (brands vary)
- 7th Grade - High School - Regulation volleyball (we typically utilize Molten, Baden and Tachikara)
Individuals Seeking Teams & Teams Seeking Extra Players
To be placed on a free agent list accessible to coaches, please complete the Free Agent Form. If you are a coach in need of players to fill your roster, please contact the League Coordinator at 913-826-2900 to gain access to our free agent listing.
If your team is in need of a practice facility, there are first come first serve rental opportunities at Okun Fieldhouse.
- League Team Rentals Rates - Teams must be registered for league play to qualify for discounted rates.
- 1 Volleyball Court - $25/hr
- 2 Volleyball Courts - $50/hr
- Reservation Instructions
- Pre-Season (August 1 - August 19): Contact Cathy at 913-826-2900 at your convenience.
- In-Season Prime-time (August 23 - October 18): For Monday and Wednesday practices, requests will be taken beginning at 8:30am on August 20 by email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In-Season Non-Prime-time (August 23 - October 18): For Monday and Wednesday practices that end by 5:30pm, please contact Cathy at 913-826-2900, at your convenience. Space is limited, we suggest registering your team and calling to set up your practices as soon as possible.
*Code of Conduct - Team/Fan Conduct
Each coach must submit a Code of Conduct. The Head Coach must be at least 18 years old. All coaches are required to submit an electronic Code of Conduct by the deadline listed for the league. If adding coaches mid-season, please contact the Youth Sports Office for direction. The Head Coach is responsible for keeping their coaches, players, and fans in good conduct. JCPRD does not tolerate taunting, cursing or any other unsportsmanlike conduct. Any type of inappropriate behavior by a coach, parent, or player could result in disciplinary action as deemed necessary by JCPRD. Officials reserve the right to warn, penalize, and/or eject players, coaches, and/or spectators who are in violation of the JCPRD Code of Conduct. Please remember that this is a youth sports league, we are all here to present a positive example of sportsmanship and leadership to impressionable youth.
Interaction with Opponents
Coaches are required to command the following: The Code of Conduct must be upheld by all members (coaches, players, parents, fans…etc.) of all teams, at all times. Teams are expected to interact positively before, during, and after all games. Sportsmanship must be demonstrated during the captain’s meetings, during game play, and at the conclusion of the game when teams line up to meet to show respect for each other and the game. The facility and the parking lot are monitored and if at any time JCPRD staff feel that the JCPRD Code of Conduct has been violated, our staff members reserve the right to contact program administrators and/or police to assist with handling any situation.
The JCPRD Supervisor of Officials, Tom Prendergast, hires, trains, evaluates, and schedules all officials. For information regarding JCPRD Officiating or to provide feedback, please contact Tom at email@example.com.
If you have a complaint or concern, regarding a team, coach, fan, or umpire, that you would like to communicate, please see the league office supervisor to pick up an Official Complaint Form. Only the team manager/coach whose name is listed on the registration form will be able to file an Official Complaint. Once the form is complete, you may leave it with the Front Desk Supervisor or OIC to deliver to the Youth Sports Coordinator or Supervisor of Officials. You may also submit it directly to the Youth Sports Coordinator or Supervisor of Officials via email or fax.