What to Bring
- Water Bottle
- Softball/baseball glove
- Athletic, comfortable clothing
- Athletic shoes, no metal cleats, shoes must be closed toe and heel
- Hat or sunglasses are a great idea
- Bug spray
- Optional – bat, helmet (we will have bats, helmets, and balls on site)
- Please label all belongings
Upon arrival your player will need to be checked in by a parent or guardian, there will be a check-in sheet and a phone number listing to double check. All participants that registered at least a week before the start of the program will receive a team T-shirt on the first day. Once checked in, the participants will be shown to their assigned coach and field. The field you play at during the first day will be the same field and dugout you will go to for the start of every practice. Please be prepared to participate with your child. The first several sessions will include skills and drills while the later part of the summer will include scrimmages. If your child will be absent the first day of the program, please see staff on your first day of attendance.
Monday/Wednesday Programs - July 14. Tuesday/Thursday Programs – July 15. An electronic order form will be emailed in July to participating families. Order forms will also be available the week prior.
Inclement Weather Line
If weather (rain or heat) is in question, please call 913-686-6030 (must dial area code), before heading to Mid America West. You may click here Version OptionsGeneral InformationHeadline for instructions to set up access to our rainout line app, texts and emails.
If the heat index is above 95, we will shorten programs by 10 minutes and take more frequent water breaks. If the heat index is above 105, we will cancel. You may click here Version OptionsGeneral InformationHeadline to view our outdoor league excessive heat procedures.
Rainout Reschedule Dates
In the case a program date is rained out, we will utilize Mondays/Wednesdays or Tuesdays/Thursdays from July 26 to August 5. Program times will remain the same on reschedule dates.
- We will reschedule in date order.
- Program coaches will confirm reschedule dates after a rainout takes place.
- Bathrooms will be accessible outside of Okun Fieldhouse. If you are present, we will ask your child to join you for a bathroom break. If you are not present, our coaches will escort your child to the restrooms.
- Water coolers will not be present each day of camp. Please bring your own water bottle. Like bathroom breaks, coaches will first direct players to their parent or water bottle, then escort the child to the drinking fountain/bottle filler inside Okun if necessary.
- If your child will be absent, you may tell your team’s head coach so that they have a heads up. A formal note is not needed.
- The program will start off very basic. Each day will build off the last. If you will be missing any sessions, our coaches will make sure to help get your child up to speed when he/she returns. As we get further into the summer, scrimmage games will be introduced. Picture day is an exception, depending on how long pictures take, the coaches will implement either a practice, fun games, or a mini scrimmage.